Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Happy New Year

A friend sent me this story with new year wishes.

As a little child was walking on the beach, she noticed thousands of star fish finding it difficult to get back to water after being washed ashore by the rough seas. In a moment of inspiration, she started to collect as many star fish as possible in her tiny hands to throw them back into water. She was doing this for some time when an elderly gentleman who was noticing her came up and asked her. "It is nice to see what you are doing. But there are thousands of star fish dying here. What difference does it make?" The little girl looked at the gentleman in the eye, pointed to the star fish in her hand and told him "to this star fish, it makes a difference".

Wishing you all a fulfilling and joyous new year!

3 comments:

Pincushion said...

Poignant and telling !! I so needed to hear that. Thank you for sharing :->
Thank you also for visiting and your comment and for linking to me. I read a few of your posts, you write with great feeling and depth, intense. I loved it..am linking to you too. Heres wishing you and yours a wonderful new year !!

. : A : . said...

Very nice.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting. Look forward to seeing you around!

:-)

. : A : . said...

Very nice.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting. Look forward to seeing you around!

:-)