Thursday, July 22, 2004

Beautiful red rose?

Manas says - Its not a beautiful red rose. It is only just a red rose.

He says we write because we seek appreciation from ourselves and from others.

Pankaj says we write for so many different reasons - its a kind of catharsis... its fun... it makes us feel "creative"... to seek appreciation from others / ourselves... to leave a mark behind... to share a thought...

I dont know for sure why I write. It does make me feel more complete. I like to read something that I have written well. I like people that I like to read and tell me that they like what I have written. Is it about sharing my thoughts? Maybe, maybe not. In some ways I write only for myself. It helps me create a world of my own. May be writing is a form of escapism too. Whatever it be, it makes my life just a little more beautiful.

No comments: