Saturday, September 25, 2004

Finally our drawing room looks good...

Deepika and I got my birthday gifts today.

Two bean bags – brownish grey and red. Two floor cushions – blue and green, and yellow and green. One rug in different shades of blue. A black flower vase. One basket filled with potpourri smelling of cinnamon. A violet bed sheet.

So, where I sit tonight, there is a cane lampshade behind me. My laptop is playing music from Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. The yellow and green curtains hang infront of me. Deepika is lying on the mattress right behind me.

Deepika insists that I must tell you about the wind chime that hangs right opposite her. She loves the way air caresses the wind chime to create that tingle.

Lying scattered on the rugs are paintings we just made. Just a splashing of poster colors on pieces of paper. Colors that paint our lives today. Colors that make me want to live so much more.

No comments: