Wednesday, September 29, 2004

She will see them too

From my dairy... had written in December 1996... Deepika insists that I let you know that this is pure fiction...

My love for clouds began this September. Before that, I never used to like the clouds. Gray clouds on the horizon always meant that kites wouldn’t fly. So a clear sky was what I liked.

This September, I was somewhat lonely and I used to go down to the park. She used to be there too. And she used to love the clouds.

She would show me the clouds in all their different shapes. Clouds that floated like bloated cotton in the air; sometimes so white and sometimes in all the different shades that a drowning sun painted the sky in.

She would tell me that the clouds were playful like a child, carelessly bouncing into each other, merrily dancing to the tunes of air. And yet, she would say, clouds hide a well of wisdom in them. Roaring they come down, but quietly they are up there again.

I started loving the clouds too, but they always belonged to her.

Then one day, she did not come. And then, she never came.

Now, winters have set in and the clouds are gone. But I know deep in my heart that the clouds will be back. And when I see them, she will see them too.

No comments: